I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

2.11.2009

Brief Glimpse

In case you're wondering, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been....busy....no... can't say that...have to be honest.....lazy! Well, maybe a combination.

Lots of things have been happening lately. Like the "Ice Storm of the Decade!" (Can you name it that even though the decade is not over? What if we get something even worse next year? Hmmm?)

My family has been very blessed throughout this ordeal. We were only without power for four days. We had a generator so were able to have light, run our refrigerators and use the microwave. We are still without cable and internet. But in light of the state of the area, I think it's a luxury we can afford to do without. Here are a few photos around our house.

The ice was pretty thick on all the trees and power lines. It's no wonder there were record numbers who lost power.

















I wish I could have captured the sun through the trees better. It was so beautiful shining on the ice.








I thought this poor tree was going to split down the middle.

It's been nearly three weeks since the storm hit and there are still people without power. This whole experience has been a wake up call. For almost two days, entire cities were nearly shut down because no one had power. It goes to show how dependent on electricity we are.

Well, I have plenty more I could write about and tons of photos to share. Unfortunately, I am running out of lunch time. So until next time, and let's assume there will be a next time, thanks for reading!

0 comments: