I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

11.28.2010

Interesting things I saw at the zoo

I love the Cincinnati Zoo. I've only been a handful of times, but I still love the zoo. The last time I went was with my sister, two girls from my Sunday School class and the mother of one of them. This time I had my digital camera and could take as many pictures as I wanted.

This is my most favorite of all the ones I took. The original picture was a long shot. This is a close up. I couldn't see this clearly with my own eyes and did a double take when I saw the shot on the screen.

The longer you look at it the creepier it gets. Go ahead…gaze for a few…

Never been a huge flamingo fan. I think it has something to do with the stigma of the plastic lawn ornaments in front of a trailer with a broken down, tireless, pickup nearby. Was that stereotyping? Sorry. But when you say flamingo, that's what comes to mind. However, the birds at the zoo have changed my mind. This is one of the better shots.


Out of all the birds though, the eagle has to be my favorite. However, I've never been able to get a good shot of one. There's a nature preserve near my home that has them too. They're always behind the cages or nets. I can't figure out how to set my camera to focus on the background instead of the foreground. So this is what I get, pretty much every time:

I still think it's kind of a neat picture, I just wish the foreground wasn't a cage. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to get a good picture.

This is another of my favorites. I was on the tram passing by and saw this:

I had to get a picture. He was having such a good time and no one was paying attention to him. His family were off to the side talking or something. I have a feeling they are used to his antics. As the tram was ambling away, I heard "Thanks for taking my picture…"

I love that he was having such a good time amusing himself.

What's your favorite animal story?

0 comments: