I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

6.05.2008

Recap

I haven't posted anything about what I've been doing or what's going on in my life for a while. I think we'll start back in April and try to give some highlights since then.

First, I went on vacation. My first real vacation in years. I went with my parents and siblings to visit family in Florida. We rented this great house on Venice Island. Here are a couple of pictures.

The house














The pool















The sunset















We had a great time, spent every day in the pool. I didn't burn and the family didn't kill each other so it was a good vacation. We didn't get to the beach except once the night before we left. And that was just to say we'd been to the beach. We had a good time anyway.

Hmmm, what happened next. Not much this past month. My baby sister (who is actually 24) and her husband are in Africa on a two year mission with the International Mission Board. They've been there since October 2007, learning the culture, the language and making friends. They surprised us all by announcing they are going to have a baby! We (the family) are so excited. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that she's married, now she's going to make me an aunt. I can't express how happy and excited that makes me. Every now and then, when I least expect it, it'll pop up in my head and I get all excited again.

I took my Sunday School class to the circus. Ringling Bros. was in town. I don't have those pics loaded on this computer, but I'll post a couple sometime. We had a great time. The kids got along with one another just wonderfully. I wish they could do that all the time.

That's not everything by any means, but the main things. There is one more thing I want to write about, but that will have to wait. I'm going to be late getting back to work.

Be sure to check out Joe Joe & Michael's blog (goodbyeharan.blogspot.com) and my church's blog (aurorabaptist.blogspot.com).

Thanks for reading!!!

0 comments: