I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

11.03.2009

Job situation

Well, I finally found a job. I started mid-October and after a month and a couple of weeks, I'm learning more and more about the newspaper business.

I am the managing editor at a publishing company. We own nine local papers in the tri-state area. I take content sent to me from staff writers, contributing writers, a couple other editors, press releases, police reports, Associated Press, etc. and layout the A-section of the papers. Each paper is a weekly and comes out on different days of the week. I start on Monday laying out 2 of the papers to be printed that night and distributed the next morning. Tuesday is one, Wednesday is three and Thursday is three with the papers coming out the next day. It's quite a bit to keep straight but I'm getting there.

If you have something newsworthy, leave me a post and you might just find it in the paper!

0 comments: