I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

11.25.2007

Sunday Scrappin' #4

A favorite tip or technique: I wouldn't call this a favorite, but I'm using eyelets on the girl's scrapbooks. I picked up a set of three eyelet setters. They're kind of like an Xacto knife. It has a spring in the middle of it. One end is the punch and the other is the setter. You position the punch where you want the hole. Hold the bottom still and pull up from the top. Let go and it punches your hole. Set your eyelet in the whole. Make sure you are working on a firm surface (not a folding table). Turn the punch over and place the setter in the eyelet. Hold down the bottom, pull up the top, let go and Viola! I'm still getting the hang of it, but they come in handy for vellum paper.

TaDas: I decided to do some cover switching. I took my original book (the very first one I made for myself to figure out how to construct them) and gutted it. I'm going to put those pages in a handmade cover later on. That one is for me and I wanted the girls to have the same covers if possible. So the one that was a different size was replaced by the gutted cover. Then I switched the first handmade cover with another girl's cover. The one who is now getting the handmade is a teenager and I think probably won't mind that it's different from the other girls' covers. So I got all the switching done and cut more background paper for the new cover. I have a total of 8 books to do, each book has 14 panels, including the inside front and back covers. So far I have the background paper attached on all the panels in four of the books. And in those four books I have the first two panels done. I also have pictures picked out for those four books. And I have ordered extra copies of a lot of the pictures. They should be coming in sometime this week. There were 144 total so I had them shipped. I didn't want to do that to the one-hour people. Plus it was cheaper to have them shipped. The ones I don't use will go in another scrapbook for the lady who has been a major part of the God's Girls this year. And still more will go into a photo album for the church. But I digress...

ToDos: This week is yet another busy one (imagine that), but I hope to at least bring the last four books up to the same point as the first four. After that I would like to get 3-4 more panels in each book done. We'll see how it goes.

No cards done, but that's okay. I've got back up plans for the Christmas gifts.

I've taken pictures of an assembled book. I need to finish the roll out and then I can get them developed. Once I do, I'll post pictures so my rambling descriptions will hopefully make sense.

Good luck this week with your ToDos!

1 comments:

Amy said...

You've been busy! I can't wait to see pics of those albums- I'm sure the girls will love them.

Speaking of pics, I never did get mine posted today- oh well. Maybe tommorow!