I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

9.17.2008

Oddities

I was walking around my backyard the other day while I was talking on the phone. I walked over to the corner where there's lots of shade and found all these red mushrooms. I've never seen mushrooms like this. Some were bright red, some had orange in the middle. Weird. Here's one of them.
Now, if these turn out to be illegal or something, don't report me. We're not raising them. They just started growing there.

WARNING!!!!!
If you don't like spiders, if just the sight of them makes your skin crawl, you may not want to go any further.

I found this critter outside my bedroom door. That's an 8 oz. cup he's in. With his legs stretched out, he's nearly the circumference of the mouth of the cup.

I thought he was dead when I first saw him. He was all balled up. But I wasn't taking any chances so I set the cup over him. It was really late, so I left him for the night. The next morning when I opened my bedroom door, he was waiting for me. Wide awake and staring at me. I think if I could have heard him, he was probably cursing me and threatening to bite me.

Turns out he was a camera hog. He worked it like a pro.

CREEEEEPPPPPYYY!!!!!!!!

I took him outside and let him go, well away from the house. I'm sure he's out there somewhere plotting his revenge. Someday, I'll walk unwittingly into an elaborate web he's devised to trap me.

Seriously, does anyone know what kind of spider this is?

Well, now I'm on a quest for more strange and wondrous things. Stay tuned.

0 comments: