I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

9.17.2008

The Wind Storm

Ike has been a bad, bad boy. I can't believe he managed to get us here in western Kentucky. He even traveled up to Ohio. I can't imagine what the people in Texas are going through right now. We were without power for 2 1/2 days and the only damage we had at my house was a dead tree blown down in the back yard.

It'll come in handy when we go camping in a couple of weeks. Not to mention all the branches that covered the yard.

A business down the road from my house lost a big tree at the front of the store.


There's a little pavilion to the right (outside the picture). It has an old, old, old wagon/car underneath it. And right next to the pavilion is parked an old 50's car, nice and shiny. The tree just missed both. I don't think there was even any damage to the pavilion. It's weird to see that beautiful old tree down like that.

We also had quite a few tree tops down in the woods around our house, and I think a couple of trees. It's hard to tell, we had some trees removed in the early spring and the company that did it left a huge mess.

The tree behind our church lost a big branch, but it didn't get the church. I've seen several other trees around town that are down. But for all that, we can't even compare to Texas. I've heard they're debating whether to even try to rebuild Galveston. My prayers are certainly with the folks who lost everything.

0 comments: