I've never claimed to be a writer, but it's nice to have a place to put my thoughts down once in a while.

5.17.2010

Bittersweet

Well, another chapter in my life is finished. I worked my last day today at the publishing company I've been with since October.

My life has taken a turn that I never expected. I know it is totally God though because only He could have worked things out so perfectly.

I had been working very long hours that took me away from God, church and my family, the most important things in my life. I've also been working with my sister in her bakery business. It is really starting to take off and she needs all the help she can get. I had been saying for the past couple of months that it would be great if I could work part time and spend the rest of the time working at the church and with Jenni (sister). About a month ago the opportunity presented itself. They were looking for someone to work part time so it was a perfect fit.

I named this post "Bittersweet" because I am leaving behind a great group of people whom I have come to care a great deal about. I've only been there about seven months, but I feel as if I've known most of them for much longer. Well, one of them I have known for nearly 20 years. He and his wife are dear friends of mine that I had lost touch with (mostly my fault. I'm sorry guys). I'm so glad that we were able to reconnect, I pray with all my heart that we won't lose touch again.

These guys are such an eclectic group. (A couple of them may have to look that word up. For them, that means a bunch of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences, etc.) I don't believe I've ever known people quite like them, and I worked at a youth camp for 10 summers! But I love every one of them and will miss them like crazy. I pray I can remain in contact with them. {Edited: That first part sounded mean spirited. It was my feeble attempt at teasing. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry about that. }

I am a very blessed person to have met this crazy, funny, sweet, caring, nutty, sarcastic, chaotic group of folks. I treasure these relationships and I pray for each of them. I pray that God will bless them as much as I feel blessed to have known and worked with them.

There were a lot of laughs today, a few unshed tears (and maybe a couple that got loose), some special moments with each one.

Now I have to look to the future, to an exciting new and scary part of my life. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me.

To all my friends at KPI, I love you guys.

0 comments: